We have been monitoring the pandemic situation closely and researching new industry standards in Canada and abroad to ensure we provide the safest and most comfortable experience possible for our valued guests. The health and safety of our guests and team has always been our top priority, therefore we have implemented the following measures at Joyride and may add steps if necessary.
All Joyride team members are required to be BeautySafe Certified before coming back to work. This is to ensure our staff are confident in their knowledge of sanitary protocols and up to date with all new regulatory guidelines and expectations.
New Joyride Protocols
Bookings and payments
- We will no longer accept walk ins. To book an appointment click here
- We have limited our capacity to provide more space between our stations. As availability may be limited, we encourage pre-booking future appointments
- We encourage contactless payments and will accept credit card details by phone to enable a seamless checkout
Cleanliness, Disinfection and PPE
- We clean and disinfect all surfaces between every guest appointment
- Our team will wear appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment) during services including masks, disposable gloves and face shields.
- A PPE fee of 5% will be added to every service to assist in covering the additional costs of disinfectant products and PPE required to thoroughly sanitize our facilities between every guest appointment
- We discontinued our practice of hugging and any other non-essential contact
- We will be pre-screening our team members every day before they come to work for any signs of Covid-19 symptoms
- Team members that may be experiencing symptoms will not be permitted to come to work, and will be required to stay home recover. All pre-booked guest appointments will be distributed between our other technicians
- We will ask clients not to wait for their nails to dry at the salon
- Our waiting area is temporarily closed
- We have installed social distancing stickers on the floor with the appropriate safe distances clearly indicated
- We have installed plexi-glass shields at the front desk and at our manicure tables
- We have clear signage communicating our procedures to our guests
- We recommend to clients to bring their own flip flops for pedicures
- We will have a private room available by request and at additional fee
Guest Arrival Procedures
- We recommend arriving no earlier than five minutes before your appointment
- Clients must come alone to their appointment. We will not be taking large group appointments at this time
- We ask that guests wear a mask. If you do not have one, we have disposable masks available that can be purchased for $1
- Guests can call to let us know they have arrived or give us a wave from outside. We will either let you know you can come in or ask you to wait until your technician has completed their disinfection and sanitization procedures at their station
- We will ask clients to use hand sanitizer that will be provided
- If you are experiencing any symptoms or feel unwell in any way, we ask that you please reschedule your appointment
- We reserve the right to request any guests to leave if our team feels they cannot confidently perform their service safely
- We thank all our guests for their patience in case we are running behind. Safety is our number one priority!
Cancellation and re-booking
- We will have a strict no-show policy as our schedule is limited
- Cancellation fees will be waived if you are feeling COVID-19 symptoms.
Everyone’s nails are needing a bit more TLC than usual and we are taking extra measures to ensure everyone’s safety.
Through these measures, we feel confident that our team and our guests can enjoy an exceptional experience while remaining safe.
We are all in this together.